From:
Justin Hasselman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Jul 2000 09:24:10 CDT
>TODD:
>On Neanderthin I ate lots of salads which, though low in
>total carbs, included several different foods: lettuce, onions,
>peppers, whatever.

>PHILIP:
>You know how I think this is *not* NeanderThin for fat-loss: totally
> >wrong.

Lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers, etc just don't pack enough carbs or
calories to hinder a fat loss program.  Looking at some of my vegies in the
fridge, a whole back of lettuce or broccoli only has about 100 calories, and
half a bag will do more than fill me up.  I don't think there's any reason
to exclude lots of vegies in a fat loss program.  They provide satiety,
they're low in carbs and calories, and they're pakced with vitamins,
minerals, antioxidants, phytochemicals, bioflavinoids, blah blah....  The
best way to lose fat is low calories (primarily from reduced carbs and fat),
adequate protein intake, a little weight training, drink enough water to
stay hydrated, and maybe throw in a little cardio to prevent thyroid
down-regulation.

Justin Hasselman