From:
Elsie Steinwachs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Oct 1998 21:57:55 -0800
At 11:21 PM 10/25/98 EST, you wrote:
>Although I am much less fatigued and depressed than I was two months ago
... I believe that I still have a lot of
>yeast... I believe I must have been gluten-intolerant
>for years, too, given the amazing improvements in my well-being without
eating
>grains -- but why am I still itching?  That's why I wonder about eating
grain-
>fed meat.  Is the casein in grain-fed cattle causing the continued
>overproduction of yeast?  Ilya suggests the casein in such cattle is or
may be
>gluten-like, although he says he would like to have references for this idea.
>Anyone?

I know there is casein in milk.  I am not so sure from my own experience
and research that there is casein in beef flesh.

Many people who have celiac disease react to proteins that resemble gluten,
such as one in oranges and the casein in milk.

I personally find that I can't tolerate a lot of U.S. beef in my diet -- it
just won't stay down in my stomach.  I did not have this problem when I ate
grass-fed beef in the past, living elsewhere.  I do not know the reason for
this.  I have to limit the size of beef servings or I lose the whole meal.

So, if you want to feel better, I suggest you avoid beef for a few weeks
and see what happens.  If the misery starts all over again when you add
beef back to your diet, you will know the answer.  Experimentation is the
last, most accurate, resort when it comes to dietary problems.

Patty, writing from [log in to unmask]