From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Oct 1998 07:25:55 -0500
On Sun, 25 Oct 1998, Caryl Wattman wrote:

> Is the casein in grain-fed cattle causing the continued
> overproduction of yeast?  Ilya suggests the casein in such cattle is or may be
> gluten-like, although he says he would like to have references for this idea.
> Anyone?

I don't have any references, but as far as I know casein is
strictly a *milk* protein and should not be present in meat.

Incidentally, I believe that grain-fed cattle are fattened mainly
on corn and soybeans, neither of which contain gluten.

An interesting experiment would be to buy some kosher beef and
see if the itching response is different.  If it is less, then
the offending protein is in the blood.

Todd Moody