Date:
Wed, 23 Feb 2000 03:58:04 -0500
Hi Ray!

What then of these reports I've heard of aborigines running hundreds of
miles while tracking game?

I recall an amusing story of aborigines laughing hysterically upon first
seeing a westerner in the act of jogging for exercise. The idea of running
with no place in particular to go was absurdly funny to them and beyond
their comprehension, because the very idea of exercise was unnecessary in
their minds due to their constant H/G directed exercize.

Come to think of it, why is it that modern westerners in general are in such
dire need of more exercise? Could it be that we are out of shape not only
because of too many carbs, but also because our bodies are genetically
adapted for more physical activity than our modern lazy hi-tech neolithic
lives require?

> I average several pounds of meat per day which is
> not bad when you consider that I never leave the city limits

That's great! But how well do you think you would do if Dallas was part of a
*real* paleolithic world, one in which every citizen hunted and gathered for
survival?  I suspect the woods and lakes around Dallas would not support the
needs of the enormous Dallas population, and that those people who survived
would be those who hunted and gathered almost constantly to beat the
competition.

I think that in a true paleo world the huge city of Dallas as we know it
would not even have come into existence in the first place.

-gts