From:
Keith Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Sep 2002 06:40:18 -0500
Adrienne Smith asked:

> does anyone know if Cordain has a web site?
> I searched but couldn't find one.

Professor Loren Cordain has a web page rather than a website.  He's a
fulltime academic and just wouldn't have time to run a website as well as
his demanding academic career.  See
http://www.cahs.colostate.edu/hes/cordain.htm.

Adrienne also asked if anyone was following Cordain'r dietary
recommendations.

I follow the Cordain model with a couple of variations: (1) only organic
meat, lots of organ meats and fish and only raw vegetables, that is, one
or two large salads a day, (2) no recipes or anything that could be
classified as cookbook or gourmet cooking.  At present, in preparation for
a b
lood test, there's a third variation (3) I'm keeping my protein down to
50g meal and I chose to use the Natural Hormonal Enhancement model to do
this: it essentially involves keeping carbs down to 30g a day except for
two evening meals a week when you have a high carb and low protein, low
fat meal.  For the high carb meals, I eat fruit, carrots and a mix of
tubers which would have been available to the gatherers among the hunter-
gatherers: yams, sweet potato and taro [no potato].  After the blood test,
I'll drop the tubers and have larger meals consisting solely of meat about
once every day or two.

I didn't have any fat loss or fitness goals, but I have noticed that I've
become a bit more <cut> since dropping all non-paleo foods, taking up meat
[after thirty years a vegetarian] and switching my exercises away from a
regular pattern or routine and towards brief, intense efforts, never
more
than a single set.  I believe that Paleo food without Paleo activity is
only part of the picture and lies in the realm of a consumer choice rather
than a commitment.

Keith