Date:
Sat, 15 Aug 1998 11:01:20 -0700
T. Martin wrote:

> Suppose I get into a debate with a low-fat advocate, and I throw every fact,
> argument, and piece of evidence I can at him to show how he's mistaken. If
> at the end of the day he has dismantled all my arguments and presented me
> with better evidence for his case than I could provide for mine, I would
> consider myself a resident of the low-fat camp. Of COURSE I would. How else
> does it work?

     It works 'else' by you doing some research and reading
experimenting yourself and not taking the tiresome way of 'challenging'
provoking'..."prove it to me" positions. No one has to prove anything to
you or 'make' you believe anything.  That is your own job. Others can
answer real questions [not provocative challenges to answer every
possible scenario].

Others can share their experiences, their information, their beliefs,
even their misgivings.  You have to 'prove' an issue to yourself and
give up that "do me" attitude. No one cares whether you are a Paleo
person or not, and no one has to work hard to make you one..that is
strictly your life and concern. This works for many other things in life
as well as this particular subject.