Date:
Fri, 21 Apr 2000 00:45:48 -0400
Philip, I'm also a body-builder (though very much an amateur) and I applaud
your effort to combine paleo eating with weight training. You might be
interested in this website:
www.proteinfactory.com

These people sell custom formulated protein and meal replacement powders at
a very cheap price. I was able to formulate an (almost) paleo weight-gainer
meal replacement powder. The powder contains 50% egg protein, 10% ground
flax and 40% maltodextrin, along with an enzyme product called aminogen to
enhance digestion of the egg protein.

Strictly speaking, maltodextrin is not a paleo source of carbohydrate but I
was swayed by other arguments to avoid using fructose, which might be the
natural paleo replacement ingredient.

-gts