From:
Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 May 2003 09:23:46 EDT
In a message dated 5/30/03 10:22:58 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> I'm looking forward to seeing the results of your new diet as I've just
> ordered some coconut oil.  It seems to be having a very positive effect for
> you, let's hope this also for your blood test.

It's not just coconut oil that I've added -- I've also upped my egg
consumption and have been eating more meat fat (lamb, beef, pork) than chicken.  I've
simultaneously cut back on protein. I am by no means eating low protein -- I am
just purposely trying to up my ratio of fat to protein.  With the fat ratio
higher, I am amazed to find myself satiated on much smaller portions of meat.
If my fat loss continues and my energy and constipation issues stay improved
-- I do not even care what my my LDL or HDL readings are.  I've been doing
some research on thincs.org and have come to the conclusion that there simply is
no credible research showing any connection whatsoever between heart disease
and cholesterol readings in general or saturated fat in particular.  I think
worrying about one's cholesterol too much or being placed on statins to
artificially lower one's numbers to some arbitrary point are much more dangerous to
one's heart than bacon & eggs.