From:
Max Plyshevsky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Jun 2003 08:25:49 -0700
> Already been done. It was an M.D. who fed his
> patients whipworms (?) and
> cured their celiac - type disease as long as they
> had the "parasite". Then
> there's the Japanese who deliberately cultivated a
> tapeworm (yes, in his
> gut), says he felt better. Maybe someone on this
> list can give you url for
> these.
> There are probably many more.
>
> William

here are a couple of links relating to the use of
bacteria and parasites in medical treatments..

worms:
http://www.int-med.uiowa.edu/News/Worms07-02.htm
http://ibd.patientcommunity.com/features/weinstock_update1.cfm?link_id=2608

e. coli:
http://www8.techmall.com/techdocs/TS991012-7.html
http://www.discover.com/aug_99/science.html
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/474128.stm

salmonella:
http://www.pslgroup.com/dg/23b7e.htm
http://www.cnn.com/HEALTH/9812/29/salmonella.cancer/

IMHO, this is far from a black and white issue (i.e.
all bacteria and parasites are beneficial/harmful). i
do think that we have become too germophobic for our
own good, and that many autoimmune reactions are, at
least in part, caused by the relative sterility of our
diet and environment..
i have regularly included some aged raw bison meat in
my diet for about a year and a half now, along with
raw eggs, and aged/fermented raw dairy. i agree that
i'm taking a risk but so far i've experienced only
benefits, such as improved digestion/elimination and
better energy levels.

here's some more interesting reading regarding
intestinal bacteria:
http://www.discover.com/science_news/newsflash/gthere.html?article=news_nogut.html
http://www.ccfa.org/medcentral/research/clinical/intbact.htm

Max