Date:
Tue, 29 Feb 2000 12:35:58 -0500
I like Rachel's posts too. I like everyone's, actually.

My post to her about the difference between teaching scientific facts and
proselytizing was not meant to imply that she was proselytizing. I wrote it
merely because she had responded to a question Kirt posed to jean-claude. I
think she had failed to understand Kirt's point or the difference between
the kind of teaching she does and the kind of proselytizing Kirt was
questioning, which is why I commented.

Getting back to science, it is only because of science that the modern
interest and knowledge of paleodiet even exists. I do not have the names and
studies in front of me but the modern paleo diet trend began when a
scientist reported on the benefits of paleolithic eating habits in, I
believe, the New England Journal of Medicine. Astute people like Ray Audette
heard of these scientific studies and then took the ball and ran with it. So
without science and the belief in the objective reality we would not be here
discussing these subjects.

-gts