From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jul 2001 11:21:02 -0500
On Tue, 3 Jul 2001 10:01:41 -0400, Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>On Mon, 2 Jul 2001, matesz wrote:
>
>>>.. Some folks get pimply from excess olive oil, nuts,
>> seeds, or meat fat, even if good quality, and even if they stay within
>>their
>> daily caloric requirements.  Different people seem to have different
>> tolerance levels for oils and total dietary fat.
>
>What is the mechanism by which dietary fats increase oil
>production in the skin?  Is it known?

I'd tend to incriminate the inflammational response of wrong eicosanoids.

Bad w-3/w-6 ratio would apply to most nuts (people eat hazel),
seeds, meat fat.
Who the heck eats flax oil? I rarely did.
Or, in the case of olive oil togeather with animal fat or animal fat only
EFA activity suppression by excess MUFA and SFA.
That would slow down all prostaglandin production, except that from
dietary AA - and these are the bad ones.

I was a red spotted one too, for many years.
It changed only at the age of 24 or so, when I went vegetarian.
Hmm that would contradict my w-3 ratio thought - I didn't know anything
about w-3/6 oils.
But the  AA input stopped at the time.

regards

Amadeus