From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Jun 2001 05:38:01 -0500
Some time ago I said I would post the long chain EFA profile of my blood.
Now we've been talking again about the possible small synthetisation of long
chain EFAs (EPA,DHA) out of the basic EFAs again.
So, I don't have eaten anything containing DHA or EPA for the last 15 years
-- no fish, no brain.
And before the test (8/2000) I hardly ever ate some algae.

Maybe somebody has a own blood profile to exchange.

I had in my blood:
SFAs:        found          reference
palmitin      718           360-1040
stearate      270           119-439

OA            645           450-1100

EFAs:
LA           1145      >550 have 95% of all healthy persons
ALA            66      >7 "
GLA            16      >4 "
DHA            24      8.5-35
C-24           24.9    8.5-35
C-26           0.45    .1-.6

AA and EPA not measured.

The value of DHA seems do to well with "only" my own fabrication.

btw: too much C-24 and C-26 are involved with the brain disease ALD
("Lorenzos oil"....).
Couldn't it be a danger to eat too much VLC EFAs such as DHA
so that porportionally destructive VVLA FAs would be created, like C-24/26?
Which could destroy the myelin of the brain?

regards,

Amadeus