From:
Thomas Seay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Jul 2001 14:02:55 -0700
> An obsession is a neurosis characterized by
> compulsive behavior.  One's
> quest for optimum health is no more of an obsession
> than another's quest for
> quick meals purchased from a drive-through lane.

I did not say the dietary obsession was the only kind
of obsession...nor did I say that eating a healthy
diet was necessarily an obsession.  And I am certainly
not recommending eating fast foods.

> Some live a life that is a never-ending quest for
> knowledge, and part of
> that knowledge is health related.

The key-word here is "part".  However, when it becomes
a power that takes over your life that is another.
When it becomes an alien thing that robs you of your
life, there is the problem.

  For many who work
> 40 or more hours a
> week, high quality nutrition and exercise must be
> given priority,

So we work 40 hours a week and then we spend the rest
of the time devoted to health in order to go back and
work another 40 hour week.  Is this the American
dream?

> because I do not have the strength, and my vertebrae
> fracture from the
> weight of my body in bed as my aunt's, who was
> married for 40 years to a
> rice farmer.

I think that a healthy paleo diet is good enough to
give you optimum health...that and a bit of exercise
that you enjoy.  You see, we Americans have this
problem with quantity.  We always think that if a
pound is good, a ton will be better.  Dont think
that's the way it works, which is why I used the term
"plateau".

> A Paleolithic diet provides a solid paradigm for
> optimum nutrition, and the
> latitude for individual customization.  The
> customization may require some
> dedicated thought.

I agree that the Paleolithic diet is good, however how
much dedicated thought does it take to get to the
perfect diet????

Thomas