Date:
Mon, 9 May 2005 19:44:52 -0400
------------------------------

Date:    Mon, 9 May 2005 08:34:18 +0900
From:    Thomas Bridgeland <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Is Chaw Paleo, Do You Think?

On Monday, May 9, 2005, at 04:58  AM, LBK1 wrote:

> Of course, it's dangerous in the mouth, but I like to put just an
> inch-long thin twist of Beechnut in my gum for a few hours. It
> definitely kills hunger for me, and I understand nicotine is supposed
> to improve memory, or so says Georgetown Univ--no small thing for
thems
> thats aways up there. I supposed a nicotine patch could be used, but
> its  so expensive I haven't tried it and I don't know if the patch
would
> also cut hunger. Does anyone know how long chaw's been around molding
the
> human genome?

Not so long. No longer than the American Indians have been around. In
India they chew a different plant, and some Africans have a narcotic
chew too. But tobacco is new world, so if you are not native American,
only a few hundred years at most.

If you look up the statistics, chewing tobacco is not nearly as
dangerous as smoking cigarettes. I grow tobacco at home. It is pretty
easy once you get past to seedling stage, and you don't get all the
insecticides and preservatives they use on the commercial product.

That's really interesting that you grow tobacco yourself to beat the
commercial additives. Could you tell me what how you cure the harvest
into usable state?