From:
Michelle Hale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Apr 2004 09:00:28 -0500
Over this past year, I've been a struggling off/on paleo eater.  Overall, my
health has improved by simply steering clear of my bread & pasta binges that
I used to have all the time.  I found the diet when looking for an acne
remedy, and it indeed turned out to be the cure I was looking for.

I have been more off than on lately, and my acne has started coming back.
But more concerning to me is that I am starting to get alopecia (hair loss)
due to some stress.  I had this once before before I discovered paleo
eating.  It grew back, but it got to be sort of a big spot before it grew
back.  So I want to dive right back in to see if I can stop the hair loss in
its track and get my acne back under control.

One of my problems with paleo was I got tired of eating so much meat.
However, I always ate cooked meat.  Raw meat always allured me.  My whole
life I always grabbed red ground meat as I was cooking it.  I also
discovered sushi a few years ago and love it.

I'd like to incorporate more raw meat into my diet, but am unsure of how to
proceed.  I don't think I'd have too many food poisioning issues--I grew up
on a dairy farm and played in who-knows-what, I ate raw cookie dough my
whole life, and when I was in Italy with a large group of people, I was in
the 1/2 who didn't get sick from the food/water/whatever we ate.

I have a limited budget, so unfortunately eating a lot of grassfed meat is a
bit out of range for me right now.  What should I be looking for?  What
precautions should I take?  I know raw ground should be avoided (though I've
eaten plenty in my lifetime and haven't died yet!).  Anything else I should
avoid?  I don't think I could bring myself to eat chicken or other raw
poultry as that sort of revolts me.  But raw beef looks so yummmy to me.

Michelle