Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 2004 06:47:06 +0100
From: Ashley Moran <<... Now I'm living alone I've decided to eat all organic foods.  The problem is, I earn so little I can barely afford to feed myself an organic paleo diet.  (Maybe because I shop at Tesco)...does anyone know where I can get a wide ranger of (cheaper) organic food than Tesco?  They don't even do organic broccoli at my local store (which I've seen at Somerfield).>>

Ashley,

AFAIK, Tesco have a policy of selling organic produce at the same price as their regular produce... not sure how they do it but their 'organic' prices are cheaper than other supermarkets though I've noticed they import a lot of their produce... I prefer to buy localy produced stuff...

You could try joining a local box scheme, shopping at farmers markets and buying directly from farmshops... I get organic eggs from truely free-range hens [roaming on Dartmooor] from Wild Beef at Borough for £2 a dozen... [see the links below]

We may not need to do much 'hunting'  nowadays but getting the best quality foods does entail much research and 'gathering' :-)

Dedy

http://www.farmshopping.com/
http://www.farmersmarkets.net/
http://www.organic-connections.co.uk/