From:
Andrea Hughett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Feb 2007 14:48:37 -0800
--- "Kristina K. Carlton" <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> How do you make your almond muffins and flax
> crachers?

It's really more of an idea than a recipe, but
generally mix:

1 cup almond butter (or tahini,or any nut butter...)
1 egg
1/2 cup applesauce (or any mashed or pureed fruit)
1/2 cup ground flax seed
1/2 cup water

Mix thoroughly, put into muffin tins, and bake at 350
until the top is hard and the bottom is brown. Makes
about six average size muffins.

If you want it sweeter, use stevia. Add any other
seasonings - I'm fond of vanilla and cinnamon. I've
also made it with salsa instead of applesauce. Or you
can add seeds or chopped nuts.

The flax crackers are simple if you have a dehydrator.
Mix equal amounts of water and whole flax seed, add
seasonings if you like, and let stand for about 15
minutes.The seeds swell up and the water gets gluey.
Spread the mess thickly on either plastic/wax paper on
the dehydrator rack, or on the solid insert that comes
with the dehydrator, if you have one. When the top
side is dry to the touch, flip them over on the
regular rack (the one with holes in it). When they're
dry, they're done.

I've also gotten the flax crackers at the local health
food store.

Good luck!

Andrea