From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Jul 1998 10:16:18 -0400
On Mon, 20 Jul 1998 08:07:37 -0400, Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>On Mon, 20 Jul 1998, Amadeus Schmidt wrote:
>It varies.  Some lectins are very heat-resistant and even
>resistant to acids in the stomach (or the acids formed during
>fermentation).
>But spelt is still wheat, and still contains the WGA lectin,
>although in lesser amounts.  This lectin is believed to
>contribute to insulin resistance by molecular mimicry.  The WGA
>lectin binds directly to gastrin-secreting stomach cells, which
>causes a diminution of stomach acid levels.  The insulin-mimicry
>effect is also found with corn agglutinin.
I wonder how  so much stable and healthy societies could be see
n in history,
which were mainly based on grain, if it had such a very bad impact on health.
Think of.. megalith culture, egypt, assur, celtic, rome.
It seems that all that lectin and related problems describe more, what
happens if a human organism is already disordered by several impacts like
- yearlong lack on certain vitamins
- environmental poisons
- allergies by mass and mixed ingestion of new substances

>> I also found that large meat consumptions almost enforce _white_ grain
>> /sugar/alcohol consumption. Because of the caloric deficit they have.
>> You have to get them from somewhere. From saturated fats of farmed animals,
>> from saturated dairy fats, from sugars, from alcohol.... where from else...

>I don't get this at all.  You can as easily get the calories from
>nuts, vegetables, or fruits.  Pemmican gets them from kidney
>fats.  This is a strategy that would b
e developed in a habitat
>were plant-based sources of calories are scarce, but it is hardly
>the only strategy.

Yes shure, plant-based calories are rich on energy, but they are accompanied
with already really much protein.
For example 360 grams Hazel give you your 2400 k.calories, but also
already 50 grams of protein.

If you _add_ the hazel to your meat then you'll have double protein.

So depending in how much protein you (or your kindeys) think acceptable...
Why should you eat the meat, then?

>Todd Moody

Amadeus Schmidt