Date:
Tue, 28 Nov 2006 14:45:47 -0500
On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 11:03:00 -0500, William <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 00:31:15 -0500, Brenda Young
><[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>

>  None of the prominent advocates of the Paleo way of eating,
>> Audette, Cordain or Eaton, advocates using dairy butter.
>
>Probably because they can get pure fat. I can't.
>I've recently stated using unsalted butter for those rare occasions when I
>fry eggs, it doesn't stink like plant-source oils.

Actually, it's because the Paleo diet, as it's normally conceived
(such as in NeanderThin, by Ray Audette or The Paleo Diet, by Loren
Cordain), doesn't include any dairy products.

>For lack of faith in the "authorities" I've had to trust my own "immune
>system".

Like you, I don't put my trust into any single "authority" either. I
use my own experience too, and I find I don't do well when I eat
dairy. So my reading of the scientific research and my own experience
indicate to me that dairy butter is not a good option for me. But I do
believe in "to each their own."