Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 16:31:07 -0400
Todd Moody responded (in English) to the post about this site (in French).
> http://www.cybersciences.com/Cyber/3.0/N1513.aspthat
>
> But roughly it is about the fact that they deducted from old remains in
> syrie  the evidences of grain growing 13ooo years ago, because of a drought
> that limited the supply of wild grains allready eaten by hunter gatherers in
> that part of the world.

What were the wild grains already eaten by HGs?

I want to know how the heck they harvested and cooked the grains.  My impression is that
wild grasses are small.  Did early man graze on the stuff?  As far as I know, small grains
tend to have even more fiber (e.g., amaranth, teff, quinoa) and be the size of seeds (or
smaller) and as such, go out of a human body looking much like they went in, so very
little would get absorbed.  I cannot imagine them getting a lot of calories or nutrition
from those wild grasses.  If they ate them when they looked like grasses, e.g. wheat
grass, they would probably not get much from them either, except green piles of.......

Okay, I really must get back to work!

Rachel