From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Nov 2001 17:14:53 -0700
Hi, all!

A friend of mine who is actually rather thin has learned his glucose levels
are on the high side.  He also reports that if he eats a heavy meal at night
it's harder to get up in the morning than if he didn't and he wakes up
ravenously hungry, to boot.  He knows for sure his glucose isn't quite right
and his reaction to carb-rich meals makes it clear his insulin levels aren't
too nifty, either.

Nearly everything I have targets the role of insulin in obesity and
diabetes.  Anyone have input (or know where I could get some) on what
happens in the body when your glucose and insulin levels are off but you
don't see weight gain?

By the way, my friend (Paul) is going to try "eating like a caveman" to see
what it does for his energy levels.  If anyone has anything deep, profound
or otherwise helpful to pass along, feel free to post it or send it to me
and I'll send it to him.  Who knows, maybe we can create another convert. :)

Dori Zook
Denver, CO