From:
Erik Hill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 23:02:50 -1000
Thank you I will try this.

Working from the mind angle has not escaped me.  One idea I am about to
try as well is hypnosis.  I can understand why fear of scarcity might
create some kind of emergency situation in one's body.  It's hard not to
feel it though!

Fasting may be difficult, I'm not sure that it's impossible.  I have
another food-related condition, called "Gerbert's syndrome" or
whatever.  It is a liver "anomaly" which is shared by about 5% of the
population.  It does not affect lifespan, and is considered to be
genetic in origin, but it does have one annoying feature -- if you don't
eat, you will feel somewhat sick, so I've never been able to fast.  It
does not appear to be related to either food allergy or any other type
of allergy.  Damned if you do (eat), damned if you don't.  It's probably
a good thing anyway because I'm certain I would have starved myself to
death at some point in this ordeal if I had had the option to simply not
eat.

Erik