From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 10:08:41 -0500
On Wed, 30 Jan 2002 09:09:36 -0500, Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>..If Walsh's figures are
>right, then if one eats about 180g/day of carbs, glycogen
>reserves will maintain a steady *average*, around which they will
>fluctuate.  If one eats more than that, they will tend to be full
>most of the time.

All these computations assume that only the 25% for brain(etc) are fuelled
with glucose, and 75% live on fat predominately or exclusively.
How can be?
I thought the storing/release of glycogen would be quicker and easier as
the intermediate SFA storage.
Maybe this view is wrong. And the 1,400 glycogen kcal are reserved for
brain use and protein preservation (when fasting).

Then it's still necessary for all the time after insulin is normal
- most of the time:
http://www.zonehome.com/met/images/fig14.gif
Except we have insulin resistance.
Lead to explanations of i.r..
Cellwalls/SFA or vitamin deficiencies inside the cells or what else?

>> (that's an explanation for the contribution of SFA to insulin
resistance).
>Yes, that's very possible.  And this would be a reason to attempt
>to control the SFA load by (a) keeping carbs at or below
>180g/day, and (b) favoring leaner meats.

Yes, and/or adding EFAs in some amounts.
This requires LA and LNA and in a good ratio.
Pure LA isn't a problem. There are good sunflower an sesame qualities.
But pure LNA is seldom. The only good source, far apart from the next good
is flax oil. 4/3 sesame and 1/4 flax would have 70% EFA in a good
combination (I think "Udo's choice" will be similar to that).
Then hemp oil is ready made like that.

I use pure flax oil and sometimes hemp oil as the only "sauce", cold over
cooked vegetables (which I eat large quantities of).
Sweetpotatoes I find very good with hemp oil.
Most other (carrots, ordinary popatoes, grean peas, fennel, broccoli,
kohlrabi....) I enjoy with flax oil on it (at last, on the plate).
Also onto fried items like pumpkin I add at last a little flax.
I just love the taste.

Amadeus