From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 05:56:32 -0500
On Thu, 31 Jan 2002 11:56:12 +1100, Dean Pistilli
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I also read the below in disbelief.. do these guys know what they're
>talking about? Eating lactose by the spoonful, do you really mean
>probiotics?? Lactose powder and acidophilus powder are not the same
>thing(!)..

I mean real pure milk sugar - lactose. Dairy plants produce it.
I know of one brand that advertises that the milk riboflavin would be left
in it (therefore its a little more yellow).

>Gulping a spoonful of lactose will send you to the toilet guaranteed and
>has no beneficial effect I assure you.

Personally it's hard to disturb my natural frequency by anything.
Anyway, one or two spoons of lactose have no visible effect on me.

It's recommended by Are Waerlandt and some other naturo* doctors in states
of dysbiosis as one of the treatments. One teaspoon of lactose every day.
And is supposed to act as normalizing.

I know it's beeing used against constipation and against the opposite too.

I think the thing is strongly connected to gut bacteria action.

Amadeus