From:
Richard Archer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Aug 1999 12:14:04 +1000
At 9:57 +1000 27/8/99, Larelle wrote:

>My 100% raw food vegan/hygiene friend asks another question of the Paleo
>list:....
>

>Isn't the high fat intake going to
>compound blood sugar metabolism problems

If there are no unnaturally high peaks of blood sugar levels (caused by
consuming refined carbs), there can be no metabolism problems to start
with.

Eating a high fat, high refined carb diet may cause the problems described.
This diet is a SAD, not a paleodiet.

>is well known in health literature that when diabetics lose weight by
>changing to a low fat, no animal product diet and a unrefined, uncooked
>sugar intake, that their pancreas recovers and usually they are off all
>insulin in a couple of months.

What a load of codswallop. Seems to me that the only way that diet would
take a diabetic off insulin would be by killing them.

 ...R.

p.s. I know... if you feed a troll you have to keep it. Sorry about the
noise on the list, but I figure it's more on-topic than nutcase flames.