From:
"Frye, Cynthia" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 13:40:12 -0500
HI,
I am a new list member and became interested in the paleo diet as a result
of food allergies.  I've been a diagnosed Celiac (intolerant to wheat, rye,
oats and barley) for 10 years. 5 years ago I started having imflamatory
arthiritis (they called it mixed connective tissue disorder) and hormonal
problems among other things.  My GI symptoms continued to worsen.  About 2
months ago I connected my GI problems, latex/natural rubber allergy, celiac
disease and arthiritis to a possible intolerance to lectins in foods.
Searching for a low lectin, gluten free diet led me to eating a paleo type
diet.  I'm sure that you all won't be surprised that my health problems have
all reversed themselves and I feel like a kid again.  I do have a couple of
questions.  I currently cook all of my veggies because I do get a lectin
allergy response when I don't.  I know this isn't very paleo and I am
wondering if the lectin allergy will inprove with time on the diet and I can
start eating raw veggies and fruits again?  I've been on the diet about 2
months.

To good health,
Cindy Frye