From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Nov 2004 18:55:22 -0700
>in the Paleolithic would have eaten fresh fruit in IMmoderation!

I'm betting that when a new berry patch was discovered, or when a favorite
fruit came into season, a bit of "pigging out" was in order :)

> As part of this, they appear to have developed a
>preference for fruit that is unripe.

You know, when I buy bananas, I usually have to wait 3-4 days before
they're ripe enough to eat. I don't understand how people can eat them
unripe. Yet, I see people eating them as they leave the store.

>They refused to eat the
>fresh wild raspberries until they had been taken home and washed

I guess nobody explained to them that washing is for removing pesticides
and other chemical residues. Quite unlikely in the wild. I bet the "dirt"
on the berries was more nutritious than most fast foods.