From:
john b willard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Jun 2006 12:09:43 -0400
I've been wondering if the lamb at Sam's is grass fed. How did you find out?
Is it anti-biotic/hormone free as well?<<<

Kristina,

New Zealand Sheep and cattle industry  is based on grass fed animals for
all ruminants. Plenty of grass growth year around and not enough space for
grain crops.
Sheep or lambs kept in confinement will require anti-biotics to prevent
e-coli break out and believe me there aren't any facilities in NZ to keep
5,000 to 10,000 head of animals in confinement. Hormones and sheep do not
go hand in hand unless there is a great desire to tweak their heat
cycle,very expensive proposition. It is done only in US for show animals.

If you are worried about tainted meat,I'm sure you could be able to find
labs to test your meat. When I used to sell lambs to public,I've had few
concerned buyers who had their meats tested.

Inci Willard
Clearville,PA