From:
Eva Hedin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Aug 2004 20:09:38 +0200
> My fault, as my use of "human" was not well defined.
> It's from the Norse "Hu" meaning great, presumably of heart and mind, and
> "man" , meaning the species. (Ref.: Hugin,Munin,Odhin)
Human is a latin word and has nothing to do with the norse and german word
"hugin". Hugin was one of the ravens that informed the god Oden about the
events of the world. (Modern word is håg) The name means "lust for
something" "mood for something" "spirit". The other ravens name was Munin -
that means memory. (Modern word in Swedish is minne)
Very off topic this.