Date:
Mon, 21 Feb 2000 19:52:04 -0700
>>After the meat (or whatever) is dry, how do you store it?[snip me]
>>
>in a glass jar ,in the cold and in the dark is the best for long term
>storage (light , oxygene, humidity  and warmth interract even with dry
>products , just at very slow pace).
>in good conditions seeds can be able to sprout after thousands years of
>storage but in not so good conditions you can wear out very quickly a seed
>making it unable to sprout or very weakly.
>jean-claude

Good points! I can do "dark," and I can do "cool" since my apartment-based
kitchen has no windows and tends to stay cool even on hot summer days. Here in
Albuquerque our average summer humidity is, oh, 5%, unless it rains. Much more
than 10% and we're all complaining about broiling (unless it's raining, then
we're out dancing unless there's lightning). I hope that's adequate (the
storage precautions, I mean). I'll give it a try once I acquire a drier thanks
to all the good tips on the list :) I'm thinking about how oil prices are
rising due to Y2k and brownouts are predicted for summer (yes, and the
stockmarket is losing ground and airplanes are falling out of the sky,
too...).
If our freezers have trouble (and my little refrigerator-top freezer is a
joke), I'd rather eat homemade jerky than all the noodles and other carbs I
innocently stashed away for Y2k, preNeanderthin :)

Debby
wanting to jump in on the
HG topic eventually, too
Lots of good Ishmael-type