From:
Kendra and Karen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Jan 2000 20:58:46 -0600
Can someone tell me why a person has to have a doctor's note to purchase a green
organic cotton or organic cotton mattress in America?  What kind of note are
they looking for?  Do you have to have proof of allergies and such?  My family
is extremely sensitive to the bed we are sleeping on and would like to replace
it with an organic cotton futon style mattress on a slate wood bed a few inches
off the ground.  Currently my 18 month old son and I get very itchy when we go
to bed and my son has scratched so bad that he has bled.  I assume it is an
allergy to dust mites or something.  When I wash the sheets it is OK for a few
days (unless I wash them with ALL).  If anyone knows about this and how I can
get a doctor's note although I do not have a family doctor.  All we have is a
midwife.  None of us have seen a doctor in approximately 5 years (since going
Paleo).

NeanderTwin
Kendra