From:
Kendra and Karen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Jan 2000 10:07:15 -0600
> Check the fire codes in your state to see if a green cotton mattress is
> legal. Because of the flammability many states have banned the use of
> green cotton for bedding and nightclothes for children. Most fabric
> stores have a separate section for treated flannel intended for
> childrens bed clothing. A doctors note may be the only way to gain an
> exception to the fire code.
>
> If you don't have a doctor I suggest you get one. They are handy to call
> on in situations like this.
>
> Helen

Thank you, I am under the understanding that it is about the flammability issue.  What
is the doctor's note for?  Does my family have to be accepted as not good kindling ;-}
or do we have to prove a sensitivity to the harmful chemicals emitted from the treated
mattressess?

I have not been able to find a doctor that does not try to convince me to vaccinate my
child and feed him whole grains and dairy products.   My son has never seen a doctor
and we have had no need for one, yet ;-}.  I also have not found one that would
consider listening to me and my needs without scribbling a prescription for some
harmful antibiotic and sending me on my way (after taking an arm and leg for payment).

Kendra
NeanderTwin