From:
Caryl Wattman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Oct 1998 11:40:34 EST
I think Todd's suggestion to Ray is good --

<<I really think you should
emphasize the importance of there being a *range* of
possibilities within the paleo paradigm, and that it is important
to experiment to find what works.  For example, although most
implementations will be low-carb compared to average civilized
diets, people will need to discover their own optimal fuel mix.

but I would add --

tell people *how* to do this experimentation.

I just plain don't understand how to tell what causes what.  If my ears itch
more today than yesterday, what is the time frame I should be looking at to
determine the food that might have caused it?  If I start sneezing all of a
sudden after a meal, does that mean I'm allergic to something I just ate?  How
do I know how much fat to eat?  etc. etc. etc.

On another list I was on a holistic practitioner said that a food diary was
crucial to recovery.  Sounds reasonable, but, again, what data I'd put in
there means what?

Caryl