From:
Kristina Carlton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Aug 2011 07:28:33 -0500
> [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Emiliano Bussolo
> I used to experience exactly the same problems. Sometimes my belly got
> so
> bloated I had problems breathing and I felt hungry all day, especially
> around late evening.
>
> I was tested for candidiasis, and according to my doctor that was the
> problem. Being a type 1 diabetic, even if with good blood glucose
> control,
> fungi feast on my glucose-rich blood and therefore I am quite prone to
> fungal infections.
>
> In the past, eating what is the equivalent of your SAD, I used to take
> nystatin for two weeks as soon as I could sense candida gaining
> strenght and
> doing so I could keep the infection in check.
> Now I've been eating paleo-ish for one year and since then I was able
> keep the fungus in a dormient - or whatever it is called - state. I
> know
> it's there, from time to time it sends me messages (CHO cravings and
> the
> like), but it never got as troublesome as in the past.
Yes, I believe fungal overgrowth is still part of the issue and despite a
very strict diet (ZC) I have not been able to get it under control. I tried
taking Nystatin about 10 days ago starting with 1/16th of a teaspoon of the
loose powder. After 3 to 4 days I had so much brain fog I was unable to do
my job. Same thing with even a tiny amount of probiotics or homemade
sauerkraut brine. One drop of the latter sends me over the edge with die
off. I started working about a month ago which now limits me to taking
probees and such on weekends only when I don't have to function.

I did a 10 day fast earlier this year after which I felt better. I was
taking probiotics, had good energy, was off the beta blocker I take for
POTS, even exercising without the beta blocker, not so heat intolerant, and
tolerating more foods. Then I donated blood end of April due to elevated
iron levels and the day of the donation, about 2 hours later, my heart rate
shot up to 150 while I was standing in the kitchen. I suffered from low
blood volume. Since then everything has changed...I am back on the beta
blocker, I cannot tolerate probiotics or things like Nystatin, and since
then I have pain in my wrists and knuckles if I supplement with potassium. I
don't understand why but there it is.

I wonder if there is fungal overgrowth in my small intestine and not just
the large intestine.

Kristina