From:
P & L Ventura <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Dec 2000 20:10:44 -0800
> Also, it is known from watching Breatharians, that people "cheat" on their
> diets.   The more that the diet is based on being virtuous, the more likelihood
> of cheating.

After 3 years of lacto-ovo vegetarianism, I went vegan for ten more.  I
was so obsessedly virtuous that I never ate any food that I didn't make
myself, (funny, I almost do that now, too) except if I knew for certain
that the cook was another vegan.  No kidding.  Ten years!  Came this
close to death at 31, almost this close again at 33, then slowly
deteriorated until I was up to my armpits digging my own grave at 37.
Boy, did I lose my virtue then!  I'm 41 now, and I've scrambled out of
that hole, but only half way.  I'm counting on making it up to my ankles
before I start slipping back in.  That's what a vegan gets for not
cheating!  I put in my totally biased vote that there will never be a
healthy long-term vegan.

Lois