From:
David Karas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Aug 1999 14:35:35 -0700
"Anna L. Abrante" wrote:

> --part1_552bfe91.24e555a1_boundary

Anna, this is a mime message and violates the list rules as stated in
the welcome message that you received when you subscribed. I do not
want confrontational messages posted here. We discuss ideas and do not
attack the poster. Ranting and raving does not help anybody. Specifics
please. The source of your ideas and why you think they apply in the
specific situation being discussed would be nice (and this applies to
everyone). Our ideas may be correct or they may not. If we discuss
them all may benefit. I am not here to censor ideas, only to provide a
level playing field and to become informed myself.

With regard to Dr Bernarr Zovluck, I have asked him to post some
clarifications. He said that he will but as do all of us he has a life
to live. He also has a business to run. He is a Doctor of Chiropractic
but now retired. I have known him about six years. Whenever I have
asked him about a medical term that I have found on the internet he
has known what it was. He has an extensive library and uses it. He has
been a Natural Hygiene Doctor for 40+ years and lives it successfully.
He has a hard sell - trust your body and it will do the right thing.
We all "know" that we can't do that. You may not agree with him but he
has a right to be heard just like everyone else who subscribes to
paleofood.

Any further messages from you to paleofood will come to me for
approval until I feel that you understand these rules and will follow
them. Below is an excerpt from the welcome message.

------------------------------------
* CONTENT of messages posted to the list:
- are to be supportive and informative, not confrontational
- no "off topic" posting
- do not post to topics which have a '!STOPPER
- use private email for messages not relevant to all subscribers
- no foul language
- no cross posting the same message to two or more lists

* YOUR EMAIL PROGRAM SETUP should be plain text so that your
posts will be readable by all subscribers regardless of their
computer and email program.
- no text/enriched
- no charset="x-user-defined"
- no HTML
- no attachments
- no winmail.dat files
- no multipart/mixed
- no multipart/signed
- no multipart/alternative
- no multipart/related
- no quoted printable MIME encoding
- no Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
- no Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
- no multi-part message in MIME format
------------------------------------

>  Thank you for the very informative post Jean-Claude.  I whole-
>  heartedly agree that in a *natural* environment, parasites, and
>  microbes and other ugly buggies would be a healthy
>  addition to our existence, in their proper place.  Even the sacred
>  Wild Game can be hazardous to our health if it's infected with
>  parasites that we can't handle.  It is fool-hearty to think that
>  we can handle *any* bug, at *any* time. If this were true, we
>  would not even care about such things as salmanella and E. coli.

We live in a "sea" of bacteria. Based upon my own experience, I am not
having any problems with salmonella or E. coli. I eat aged eaw meat
and aged eaw eggs, pick food up off the floor and generally ignore all
of the things about germs that I learned as a child and in school. I
graduated from college with the idea that to be healthy, all I need do
was find a competent medical practioner and do what the "doctor" said.
Eventally I realized that there were some flaws in this. I have had
much more trouble with the practices of doctors and dentists. I have
also had some successes. One needs to be wise consumer.

>   This keeps me separate from what is *natural*.  And if I am this
>   way, I know there are others.  And just as I have had food
>   poisoning several times in my life, I know others have also.
>   And this is while always eating *cooked* meats.  If I had eaten
>   that food raw...how bad would I have caught it? Food
>   poisoning is more common than we think, and most of us get it
>  from *cooked* meats that were accidentally undercooked.
>
>  Just for the clarification of it, once again, and then I intend to
>   drop this thread because people insist on ignoring the things I am
>   saying, and interjecting what they WANT TO THINK I am saying.
>
>   My objection is to the idea of eating raw *ANY* meat, in *ANY*
>   amount, not raw meat eating in general. No amount of insulting,
>    or negative feedback, will get me to believe that such a broad
>   statement is safe to make.

This is a choice that you are free to make for yourself. Not everybody
here agrees with you, some do. Paleofood is a Hunter/Gather list. Some
H/G's eat all or most of their food raw but some cook a lot of their
food. Raw animal foods are valid topics of discussion here. So are
cooked foods. Enjoy whatever you eat. I eat raw animal foods and had
felt that I was pretty much alone in this. It is nice to find that
there are so many others here who do or are at least interested.

>   And to the others that don't feel this subject is important, I
>   apologize for taking your time..but I will bet you will remember
>   this thread the next time you get ill from food, and wonder if the
>   doctor really knew what he was talking about after all.

We all seem to get sick sometimes but attributing the correct cause is
sometimes difficult. A safe food should taste good to you. This works
best if it is in as close to natural state as possible.