From:
Phosphor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 09:47:10 +1000
< How many people do you know that eat rotten fruit?>
home-brew cider is just that.

< I'm sure it's possible that our paleo ancestors ingested alcohol in the
form of rotten fruit in times of need or starvation.>

as i have said, aborigines buried some fruits for a few days before eating
them.  But i agree that large quantities would not be available on a
long-term basis.  But eating berries is surely paleo, even large quantities
for a couple of months. so fermented fruit is just as easy to procure. wait
for it a few more days to overripen.

we coud argue that alcohol from rotten fruit is pre-paleo, since animals
deliberately seek them out.

andrew