From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Jun 2003 18:12:01 -0600
>Yes, except that the sugar is probably sucrose, versus the mostly fructose
>in fruits, and sucrose has a much higher glycemic index than fructose.

Yeah.  But every body is different.  Obviously, there are several among us
who can nibble a little chocolate from time to time with no problems.  I'm
one of them.  Three Hershey's kisses?  Wouldn't do a damn thing beyond make
me sooooo happy.

"But wait!" some say, "it's not PALEO!!!!"  Well, apples are.  But they make
me both tired AND hungry.  Other fruits burn my tongue, to boot.  So which
is worse?  In my case, it's the apple!  I don't consider bite-size amounts
of chocolate a threat, frankly.  Not that I make eating them a habit, but
I've been known to accept a bite from time to time.  I have yet to regret it
and feel no need whatsoever to defend it.  Considering everything I've given
up entirely, I deserve it!

Dori Zook
Denver, CO