From:
"C. ten Broeke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 17:11:13 +0100
The initial weightloss is somewhat explained in the book Light'sOut by
the idea that between the cells of our body we hold water.  Especially
on a SAD you'd store water with glucose as antifreeze (correct me if I'm
wrong) for lean times.  So it's not just fat and intestine content that
you loose, it's also a bit of your high bloodpressure that you lose.
Both Arik and me eat less often but bigger portions on Paleo.  We tend
not to overeat (well he never does anyway, just me) and seem to notice
what foods at what moment seem the best for us.
For the life of me I can't remember why I slipped up so bad for so long.
 For me a final prove carbs are truly addictive and we might have
started out eating grains as a way of intoxicating ourselves.
All primitive societies have their own herbs or mushrooms to get into
another level of awareness.  Perhaps this smaller buzz of grains is how
it all started for us.  I once heard a former heroine user describe his
creamcake as a small rush.

Christy