Date:
Sat, 6 Nov 1999 18:10:11 -0400
---
Rachel Matesz <[log in to unmask]>
Next Generation Nutrition

Trish Tipton wrote:
In regards to weight training/body building,  I myself prefer the SS
method.  *super slow* weight training.  Try it once and see if you notice a difference.

My husband and I read some of Ken Hutchins work (he's the originator of the approach) and
were encouraged by a SS PersonalTrainer we know.  We tried it for more than 1 year. We did
the stuff strictly, stop watch in hand for every set of every exercise, doing 10-20 second
repetitions to *failure* as is advocated.  We found the results disappointing over time.
It may be a good place to start for some, but not everyone benefits from it, in our
experience.

Enough said.  Been there, done that... (my 55 cents worth!  I hope you're not offended..)

Rachel