From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Feb 2000 14:05:36 MST
gts wrote:

>I think anyone who would actually prefer a real paleolithic
>lifestyle over this one needs to have his head examined.  :)

I don't want to get in a fight with anyone, but gts does raise a legitimate
point.  The former habitat of human life literally does not exist.  And why
would we want to give up, say, toilet paper or the wonderbox I'm using as I
pontificate?  Modern ain't ALL bad.  Still, some new inventions ARE:
Twinkies, for example.

So my goal is to combine the best of both worlds.  I see nothing wrong with
putting some meat (anchient) in a frying pan with some olive oil (both
modern) and enjoying it on a pretty plate (modern, indeed) or even enjoying
some steak in a restaurant.  Just don't pass the potatoes or the cheesecake.
  Sure, eating the cow I raised myslef might be healthier, but I like to eat
out so I still do it.

Does this make sense?

Dori Zook
Denver, CO

P.S.  Ray, since I've seen you respond to this theme, I'll ask in this post:
  Thought of sending a copy of your book to David Letterman?