From:
Inci Willard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Oct 2005 12:16:19 -0400
Hello,

My first attempt to make my own kefir but I'm not sure if I'm doing it
right. At the 20th hour,it smells good but still quite liquid much like
milk.

I started with milk just as it was coming out of the cows,my neighbor is a
Mennonite kid and they graze their daily cattle and instead of filling them
with grains,cows get citrus pulp until they learn their way into the milking
parlor.
Rushed home and added a cup of store bought Kefir as a starter and set the
gallon jug on top of my electric stove (griddle part),time to time I set the
warmer to maintain 70F.

My question,should I leave it well along? perhaps over 24 hours for kefir to
become little thicker?

Thanks in advance for any information that you could part with.

Regards,

Inci  Willard