From:
Fredrik Murman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Feb 2003 21:24:15 -0500
I don't understand why a person on paleodiet should brush his or her teeth
i.e. use toothbrush and toothpaste of any kind.

As I said in another topic: I don't brush my teeth. Maybe some of you think
I'm weird, but let me tell you why.

I consider my teeth as indicators of the quality of the food I'm eating.
Brushing them is like telling the body that I don't care what it tells me.

I don't think that this is my idea. It's a result of reading Weston A.
Price, Herbert M. Shelton and Aajonus Vonderplanitz. Some of you are maybe
familiar with this concept.

Normally my teeth are fine, but sometimes they are not. Then I ask myself
what I've been eating or not eating and I soon discover the cause. Usually
the c
ause is something I ate on a party or holiday with my friends,
relatives or acquaintances, e.g. meat or vegetables without the boiling
water, or too much salt, spices or preservatives. After a while on my own
raw materials and processing techniques my teeth turn back to normal, at
least in my opinion.

I stopped brushing my teeth sometime in the autumn last year. It feels like
hundred years ago. First they turned bad, but then something happened. They
normalised.

I haven't visited a dentist and I don't indend to do it either, as long as
I don't break my teeth or something.

Tell me what you think, someone. Have I gone too far?

Is there someone else on the list who doesn't brush his or her teeth?

I need some backup or a warning sign.

/Fredrik