Date:
Mon, 31 Oct 2005 07:28:47 -0500
> Date:    Sat, 29 Oct 2005 11:25:30 -0400
> From:    Inci Willard <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Re: Ways to keep cost of eating paleo down?
>
> Like Wayne,I live in the rural area. We have a huge Amish/Mennonite
> community where they believe in natural foods and are the best stewards of
> agriculture and soil care. They sell most of their produce in an honor
> system during summer and fall months.

Just a caution about Amish vegetables: My parents sold most of the
their farm to 2 Amish families (this is in Ohio).  They grow veggies
and sell them at roadside stands. They use more chemicals on their
plants than my mother does, and they get stuff she has never even
*heard* of, serious agro-chemical stuff. So, just because it comes
from an Amish farm does not necessarily mean it's organic. I'm sure if
they specifically say it is organically grown, it is, but don't
*assume* it's organic if it comes from an Amish farm.

Camille
--
Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have!