Date:
Mon, 11 Apr 2005 09:36:32 -0400
> Date:    Fri, 8 Apr 2005 19:11:00 +0900
> From:    Thomas Bridgeland <[log in to unmask]>

> My college animal science prof also told us that an every-three-day
> feeding schedule is most healthy for dogs, because it was similar to
> the natural pattern. But no one does it because the dogs look so
> unhappy. Even he couldn't do it.

I feed my dogs every 48-60 hrs. Every 48, if I remember to thaw their
food out, closer to 60 if I don't. My dogs eat a Bones and Raw Food
Diet, though I have been really slack on the veggies in the last
couple of years. They do tend to look pitiful sometimes, but usually,
they just beg a little more.  Interestingly, my small female German
Shepherd won't finish her 2lbs of chicken even if she hasn't eaten for
2 days. I had assumed they would try to gorge themselves on this
feeding schedule, but they don't.

They were both checked out by the vet recently and are fine and
healthy, even my bigger male German Shepherd, no sign of bad hips
despite the squatty rear end. They had to get rabies shots (I live in
the boonies with rabid racoons) which was why the vet was here.
Otherwise, they haven't needed a vet for years and years.

Camille

--
"What the Thinker thinks, the Prover proves."

--- 'Prometheus Rising' by Robert Anton Wilson