From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Nov 2000 01:02:12 +0000
>Hi all you kidney-lovers out there.
>
>Is there a way to remove the strong urine flavor/aroma of kidneys rather
>than the recommended soaking in milk?  I've tried lamb kidneys very
>lightly sauted, smothered in herbs, but the smothering was
>unsuccessful.  (I ate 'em anyway.)  I've avoided them since then, but
>they're readily available, grass-fed and cheap, so I'd like to take
>advantage of them.  ("Hey Kidney-babe, wanna come back to my place,
>nudge, nudge?";-)
>
>Lois

Well, I generally just snip out all the fat with scissors. The ammonia
seems to be strongest there. Maybe they're just an acquired taste, and the
kidney meat doesn't taste like ammonia anymore, it just reminds you of it.

ginny and Tomo, who says you can pitch 'em all over this way...

All stunts performed without a net!