From:
mark wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 2004 13:16:25 -0800
--- Michael Raiti <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I am wondering if there is anyone on this website
> who has taken
> medicine for acid in the past (or currently) such as
> Prevacid or
> Nexium and could share their experience with me.

I've been through it all, the meds, difficulty
swallowing, reflux.  I even went to the hospital and
had the examination where they knock you out and stick
the massive tubes down your throat.  After the exam
the doctor told me I'd have to be on meds for the rest
of my natural life and that diet changes absolutely
would not fix the problem.

I've since discovered I COULD fix the problem by
simply eliminating nightshades, especially cooked
tomatoes and eggplant.  If I blow it and eat either
one of those the reflux comes right back with a
vengeance and the difficult swallowing thing starts up
again for a day or so.

I think you need to forget the meds Michael and try
and find out what it is you're eating that's causing
the problem.

Mark