From:
Hans Kylberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Aug 1999 15:21:44 +0200
At 19:44 1999-08-06 PDT, Medusa wrote:

>I go to sleep at midnight most of the time, and awake, without the need for
>an alarm clock, at around 6 am.

You ought to go to bed at 9 or 10 and perhaps still wake up at 6.

>Quite the contrary, if I do sleep more (out
>of laziness!), I get very groggy and tired throughout the day.

Maybe Your body then things that "at last there is time to rest"!

>The research must have been made with subjects on the SAD diet.

I think they mainly rely on the "paleo" idea, and compare with h/g's.

I have myself noticed less need for sleep when I changed to paleodiet,
but only around a qurter of an hour. I think it is not just to stay in
bed to get more sleep. After tens of Years with late to bed and alarm
clocks, it is not easy to change. And we also have to stay away from
TV and computer, and have only weak lights in the evening.
Most h/g's stay in bed 11 hours / night plus some rest in the
shadow of a tree in the day (but now and then quite oftenthey stay
up all night dancing).

- Hans