From:
Keith Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 May 2003 16:13:34 -0500
On Sun, 18 May 2003 09:16, Adrienne Smith wrote:

>In a message dated 5/17/03 7:23:20 PM,
>[log in to unmask] writes:
>
>> Both my son and I took their sports supplement,
>> but, because of the cost, used it only before
>> training and events rather than all the time.
>> We were generally delighted with our performances
>> while using the Mannatech stuff
>
>Any thoughts as to whether your improved times
>could have been caused by a placebo effect?
>If you were convinced the product would improve
>perfomance, it very well likely could improve
>your performance.  Or did you just take it
>thinking, well, this couldn't hurt, and then
>were pleasantly surprised at
>your improved performances?

More the latter.  I have no interest in any of these more exotic
supplements these days.

Incidentally, we should not assume that there is any necessary correlation
between ANY supplement and performance, between feeling good and good
health, between freedom from illnesses and fitness, or between longevity
and body fat - or any other combination of these.  It'd be neat if there
was, but the relationships - where they do exist - will be complex, not
one-to-one direct correlations.

Keith