From:
Brenda Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Aug 2009 23:43:58 -0700
LOL, Geoff, I think you maybe might have just skimmed my post??  Totally understandable because it was a bit long!!  You are saying the exact same thing I was trying to say, sweetie!!  Maybe I just have a weird way of expressing my opinion...I've been told that before, yes!!  My only difference was that if I can get the diversification in one group, rather than many, it's preferable to me, but I also see what YOU are saying, I DO.

Love,
Bren

I would disagree.The best approach re gathering info, is to belong both to groups where few, if any, people disagree with your POV as well as belonging to groups where people only partially agree with your POV.

Geoff

> Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 01:03:16 -0700
> From: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: Another Paleo list?
> To: [log in to unmask]
>
> I agree.  Not being on a total paleo diet myself, just believing in its intrinsic value, of sorts, I also enjoy reading all sides of the debate.  I don't want a list where everyone is a "pulpit pounder" of "one size fits all".  I want the opportunity to read, ponder, and decide for myself.
>
> Case in point...years ago I joined a rawfeeding list for dogs, cats, and whatever other kind of animals eat the same way.  I learned an awful lot, yes, I did, and those people opened my eyes in ways I never would have thought.  But eventually, questions in my own mind came up, and they just "thumped me", pretty much called me stupid if I didn't adhere to their "doctrine", so screw it.  (Sorry.)  Some friends and I started our own group, with open discussion and thoughts...no one is considered "totally right", and all thoughts are welcome and invited.
>
> I don't care HOW educated a person is...they can't possibly know all the inter-workings of any kind of living being, nope.  All we can do is observe, see what works for us and ours, impart that knowledge to others, who may have had a totally different experience that worked for them, and live and learn.
>
> I honestly don't feel like the no-carbers dominate this room, but that's just me.  I enjoy the debate and the give and take.  I wouldn't mind seeing other opinions, nope, but I appreciate the diversity of this group and am really not looking elsewhere at this point.  If the some-pro-carbers all leave, well, then, what are we left with???  I guess I feel like it's the search-for-someone-who-totally-agrees-with-me syndrome, but again, that's just me.  I would be sad if you guys left, I would.  I really don't want to join five hundred different groups just to get opinions, sigh.  Same reason I have the rawfeeding group...I don't agree with all of them, but at least it's all in one place and a person can give credence to, or not, any and all opinions.  It's food for thought, if nothing else.  It's actually scarey to me when people want to just find somewhere where everyone agrees with them.  That means no questioning, no learning.....
>
> Love,
> Bren

Windows Live Messenger: Celebrate 10 amazing years with free winks and emoticons.
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/157562755/direct/01/